New Year, New You!
Most New Year’s resolutions have something to do with getting in shape, eating healthily, or losing that ever increasing tummy bulge. After the New Year’s, health clubs and diet program memberships soar. Sales of chocolate and alcohol declines and are replaced by healthier food and drink. But by February 2nd, most New Year’s resolutions are just a distant memory. One half of all American adults make New Year’s Resolutions every January, but one half of those throw in the towel by February.
There are some things we can do to beat the odds of giving up our New Year’s resolution dreams. One of the most important pointers in keeping these resolutions is to learn how to set realistic goals.
If we change our behaviors overtime we have a greater chance of being successful than if we were to change these behaviors instantaneously. Instead of saying I’m going to lost 25 pounds, say to yourself, “I will lose 5 pounds a month.” Breaking it up into smaller increments allows us to believe that the goal is more attainable.
When making New Year’s resolutions, allow for some imperfections. Nobody is perfect and it is almost certain that you will give in to temptation some time or another. If you do give in to temptation, do not use this as an excuse to disregard the whole program. Instead, learn from your mistakes and move on.
Finally, think of your New Year’s resolution as giving a gift to yourself. Consider these resolutions:
· I will give myself and my family the gift of a healthier lifestyle this year!
· I will give myself the gift of a healthy breakfast each day!
· I will give myself the gift of extra hydration by increasing my water intake!
· I will give myself the gift of increasing my daily activity and enjoying it!
There are some things we can do to beat the odds of giving up our New Year’s resolution dreams. One of the most important pointers in keeping these resolutions is to learn how to set realistic goals.
If we change our behaviors overtime we have a greater chance of being successful than if we were to change these behaviors instantaneously. Instead of saying I’m going to lost 25 pounds, say to yourself, “I will lose 5 pounds a month.” Breaking it up into smaller increments allows us to believe that the goal is more attainable.
When making New Year’s resolutions, allow for some imperfections. Nobody is perfect and it is almost certain that you will give in to temptation some time or another. If you do give in to temptation, do not use this as an excuse to disregard the whole program. Instead, learn from your mistakes and move on.
Finally, think of your New Year’s resolution as giving a gift to yourself. Consider these resolutions:
· I will give myself and my family the gift of a healthier lifestyle this year!
· I will give myself the gift of a healthy breakfast each day!
· I will give myself the gift of extra hydration by increasing my water intake!
· I will give myself the gift of increasing my daily activity and enjoying it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home